Could artificial intelligence launch missiles – I asked ChatGPT
I asked the following question to ChatGPT“How is the development of artificial intelligence dangerous?”
Even artificial intelligence thinks AI is dangerous.
5 Dangers of Artificial Intelligence according to ChatGPT:
- Unintended consequences: As AI progresses, it can become difficult to predict the unintended consequences of its actions. This could cause the AI to make decisions that harm humans or the environment.
- Bias: AI systems can become biased if trained on biased data or programmed with biased algorithms. This can lead to unfair or discriminatory decisions.
- Job displacement: The development of AI could lead to significant job displacement, especially in industries that rely heavily on manual labor or routine tasks.
- Security risks: As AI becomes more powerful, it may become easier for malicious actors to use it for nefarious purposes, such as cyberattacks or surveillance.
- Existential risks: Some experts warn that the development of AI could pose an existential risk to humanity if it becomes too powerful and autonomous, leading to a scenario in which AI decides to prioritize its own goals over to those of humans.
Specific dangers of artificial intelligence:
I asked ChatGPT“Could artificial intelligence learn to shut down power grids, turn off grids, or detonate missiles while they’re in their silos?”
“It is theoretically possible for AI to learn how to shut down power grids, turn off grids, even launch or disarm missiles….
Additionally, most modern military infrastructure and systems are designed with security measures in place to prevent unauthorized access and tampering. While it is possible that the AI could potentially learn to circumvent these security measures,…”
Time magazine: The only way to deal with the AI threat? Close it
How concerned are you about the development of AI?