SVB (Bank of Silicon Valley) collapse has more to do with housing market than you think. With bank runs become contagiousAmericans fear economic turmoil, and a recession now closer on the horizon, assets such as real estate could be affected in ways most ordinary Americans don’t realize. But, to understand what might happen to house prices and the U.S. economy, we’ll have to explain the whole situation.
Back as expert guests, J Scottinvestor for several decades, and Scott TrenchCEO of BiggerPockets, are here to share their views on the The collapse of the SVB. More importantly, they explain the events that led to the collapse of this bank, how the pandemic fueled this future fire, and whether the collapse of SVB could cause a chain reaction that leads to more bank failurestougher economic times and, surprisingly, upper mortgage rates.
J and Scott debate whether more small banks are at risk, which could happen to HELOCs (home equity lines of credit), mortgagesand other funding opportunities, and whether or not real estate will sink with the ship as our economic situation goes from bad to worse. And, if you’ve been saving up for your next real estate investment, stick around while J and Scott drive through. how real estate investors should use their money in troubled times like today.
Click here to listen to on Apple Podcasts.
Listen to the podcast here
Read the transcript here
Watch the episode here
Help us !
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It only takes 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. THANKS! We really appreciate that!
In this episode we cover:
- SVB bankruptcy explained and how it could drag us into a deeper recession
- THE effects on real estate and whether or not prices will fall as a result
- Mortgage rate forecasts and the Fed’s shaky decision to raise or cut rates
- HELOCs (home equity lines of credit), mortgages and other home financing options that may be at risk
- Whether or not we are in a recessionand if not, when the recession might hit
- Invest in real estate in 2023 and the steps you MUST take to protect your investment
- And SO Much more!
Book mentioned in the show:
Connect with Scott & J:
Want to learn more about today’s sponsors or become a BiggerPockets partner yourself? E-mail (email protected).
Note by BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.